After all 4 matches of the fantastic Australia v India series – We say ‘wow’ to the Indian performance and congratulate them on a gain of 6.93 points and a return to top with a convincing lead of 11.8 points.
England (60.97) need to win well against Sri Lanka (37.87) to gain ground on New Zealand – after the first match England are gaining 1.74
Jan 2020 – Jan 2021
The past 12 months has not seem massive amounts of cricket – but there have been significant movements – most recent series first
- Jan 21 – South Africa gain 4.65 against Sri Lanka and New Zealand gain further 3.60 points against Pakistan
- Dec – New Zealand gain a further 3.04 points against West Indies
- Jul, Aug – The summer’s cricket in England makes little difference
- Mar – New Zealand gain an impressive 12.91 against India – New Zealand regain 3rd place, and India drop to 2nd – promoting Australia back to top of table
- Jan, Feb – Series involving Zimbabwe v Sri Lanka, Pakistan v Bangladesh and Bangladesh v Zimbabwe all result in minimal movement
- Jan – England beat South Africa with gain of 7.62 – Eng move up to 3rd – S Africa stay 5th
- Jan – Australia beat NZ with gain of 11.93 – cementing their 2nd place, NZ just holding on to 3rd (0.43 above England)
For previous table movements and quick summaries see the Latest News page
25 February 2018
It is with sadness that I announce the passing of my father. He died peacefully in his sleep early in the morning of Sunday 25th February. We miss him greatly.
Of course, Graham Ford is the Ford in the Ford and Son and he is the founder of this system and more importantly my Dad. Thank you
Up-to-date and fast to reflect the current levels of each team, this is the home of the popular Ford and Son Test Cricket Rating Tables.
Ever since my Dad introduced me to the game of cricket, I have loved it.
Ever since he told me about his system of Test Country ranking which he started in 1945 when he was 10 years old, using only pen and paper, I have been hooked!
Having the benefit of a computer, I have easily been able to ‘fine tune’ his system (all with his agreement)
It only remains to see if my son Jonah takes up the tradition!
Other pages on the site include the following…
History shows recent and historical table movement
Method. We believe this system to be one of the most accurate ways of ranking test cricket. If you would like to see the thinking and maths behind this claim take a look at the method page. Here you will also find a list of FAQ’s and ways to contact us.
Roll of Honour – who has led the rankings for longest, most often? Who has had highest score? This now also includes a section for the Biggest Series wins (in terms of points gained), and the Highest Run-Rates for different length series.
Blog – for latest news and thoughts