Current Table (22 June 2021)
The World Test Championship is of course being played between the top two teams…
June 2020 – June 2021
The past 12 months has not seem massive amounts of cricket – but there have been significant movements – most recent series first
- June 21 – New Zealand cement their second place with gain of 3.81 and South Africa retake 5th with a gain of 4.25 against West Indies
- May 21 – Pakistan gain 1.89 against Zimbabwe and jump to 5th
- Mar 21 – After 1 match England are top – but after the end of the series India stretch their lead with a gain of 2.98
- Feb 21 – West Indies win two knife-edge games against Bangladesh – gain 1.28 points -not enough to catch Sri Lanka
- Feb 21 – Pakistan beat South Africa 2-0 and gain 5.07 points – not quite enough to grab 5th place
- Jan 21 – England complete 2-0 win over Sri Lanka and gain 2.69 points – staying solidly in 4th
- Jan 21 – After all 4 matches of the fantastic Australia v India series – We say ‘wow’ to the Indian performance and congratulate them on a gain of 9.35 points and a return to top with a convincing lead of 15.5 points. The loss of points by Australia and New Zealand’s recent excellent results gets New Zealand up into 2nd
- Jan 21 – South Africa gain 4.65 against Sri Lanka and New Zealand gain further 3.75 points against Pakistan
- Dec – New Zealand gain a further 3.04 points against West Indies
- Jul, Aug – The summer’s cricket in England makes little difference
25 February 2018
It is with sadness that I announce the passing of my father. He died peacefully in his sleep early in the morning of Sunday 25th February. We miss him greatly.
Of course, Graham Ford is the Ford in the Ford and Son and he is the founder of this system and more importantly my Dad. Thank you
Up-to-date and fast to reflect the current levels of each team, this is the home of the popular Ford and Son Test Cricket Rating Tables.
Ever since my Dad introduced me to the game of cricket, I have loved it.
Ever since he told me about his system of Test Country ranking which he started in 1945 when he was 10 years old, using only pen and paper, I have been hooked!
Having the benefit of a computer, I have easily been able to ‘fine tune’ his system (all with his agreement)
It only remains to see if my son Jonah takes up the tradition!
Other pages on the site include the following…
History shows recent and historical table movement
Method. We believe this system to be one of the most accurate ways of ranking test cricket. If you would like to see the thinking and maths behind this claim take a look at the method page. Here you will also find a list of FAQ’s and ways to contact us.
Roll of Honour – who has led the rankings for longest, most often? Who has had highest score? This now also includes a section for the Biggest Series wins (in terms of points gained), and the Highest Run-Rates for different length series – scroll down to the bottom of the page and you can see the win / loss series ratios – this is one table that England are well and truly top of!
Blog – for latest news and thoughts